NARAM 53

PSC Stuff

NARAM 53

Postby John Brohm » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:35 am

Well, I've booked my reservation at the event Hotel. I'm currently planning to arrive the Friday, July 22, and plan to stay through to the Banquet. I'd like to be there when Art picks up his Newsletter award (remember, you heard it here first!).

Hoping that this time, I'll actually be able to stay at a NARAM long enough to actually fly some rockets!

John
John Brohm

Re: NARAM 53

Postby RocketMikeH » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:24 pm

We are booked as well 8-) How if we can just get Mr. Brohm to enter the scale competition :D
If you like amusements parks, you can get season discounts to Kings Island before the park opens.
Mike Hardobey
NAR #43720
PSC-Webmaster
RocketMikeH

Postby rsalex » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:38 pm

Alexander Family is booked, too. We're in for the whole week.
Michala in A, T-661 DUCK!, and me in C.
Scott Alexander
NAR# 84112
rsalex

Postby Rod » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:42 pm

Same here for the I-Beam Kids, all booked for a room. Just have to do registration. I'll be arriving on Friday also and getting ready for the FAI Team tryouts on Sat and Sun.

Rod
Rod

Postby John Brohm » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:12 pm

Rod wrote:Same here for the I-Beam Kids, all booked for a room. Just have to do registration. I'll be arriving on Friday also and getting ready for the FAI Team tryouts on Sat and Sun.

Rod

Well I did my registration on the weekend, and ran into a couple of bugs. The biggest one was when I pressed the button to pay by PayPal, the website returned a 404 Error, but moments later I received an e-mail saying that I was registered. Checking my PayPal account, it confirmed that I hadn't paid. So I e-mailed Chan to get my payment done.

Hopefully they'll have these issues sorted soon.
John Brohm

Postby John Brohm » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:34 pm

Impending sadness -

It seems that I must cut short my trip to NARAM; my New York customer has asked to see my smiling face during the week. It's looking like I'll be there through to Monday; you guys will have to let me know how the rest of the week goes.
John Brohm

Postby Steve Foster » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:42 am

I finally settled on my NARAM schedule; I'm going to be there on the opening weekend, head to work for four
very busy days and come back to NARAM on Friday (if all goes well). I will be flying lots of rockets in the FAI flyoffs, up to 6 contest flighs scheduled before noon each day of the weekend with a couple more sprinkled in the afternoon on Sat.

I've got all the major building done that I can, except for the scale model which is looking rather plain and simple since I decided not to do a detailed model. I still have to paint the second color on the sustainer, I've been very patient with waiting the recommended 48 hours between coats. No major paint issues yet! I will be doing a couple test flights at the launch tomorrow of some FAI models, so I've left a day or two to do any re-build/modificatons otherwise it's just a matter of throwing together a couple of parachutes and pistons.

Rod will have to handle the flying for "The Kids", at least the models I've built will be at NARAM all week.

It's going to be a strange busy NARAM week - it always is anyway I guess.

Steve
Steve Foster

Postby Steve Foster » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:00 am

Safe travels everyone; Rod and I will be heading out in a couple hours - we'll set up the start of "Camp Pittsburgh" and will be ready to start our quest to make the U.S. team starting at 8:00 am on Saturday.

See younz there!

Best week of the year (well weekend for me this year), have fun everyone!

Steve
Steve Foster

Postby Steve Foster » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:36 pm

I'm back from NARAM, still in recovery mode. I had a great time even with my strange travel schedule for the event (I guess it couldn't have been that strange since it was similar to John Brohm's schedule as well). It was great to see a large number of PSC members and friends participating at the event, the best part of any of these events is doing it along side good people. Although I wasn't there it was cool that Rod was able to make fly some of my models to place in the top 4 for some of the events (and some of his models too). But my number one goal for NARAM-53 was to make the U.S. team for the FAI World Championships that will be held in 2012 and I did this in the two event that would be the most fun for me to fly in, S4A (A boost glider (MR) and S9A (A helicopter duration (MR)). So I am as super pumped about the opportunity to represent the U.S. and participate on the team, and I'll be working along side my team mate and friend as well as he qualified in the same two events too!

By the way; I don't need any finacial support from our great group of PSC member to participate, I have it covered with no problem; it was a great thing we did for Rod last time though.
Steve Foster

Postby RocketMikeH » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:24 pm

Congrats to Steve and Rod on making Team USA!

Congrats to Art on Team Pittsburgh being the best in the country!

And congrats to all of the PSC members that won medals at NARAM 53, it was a great showing by our members!
Mike Hardobey
NAR #43720
PSC-Webmaster
RocketMikeH

Return to General PSC Info